Beware: Conversion Fee for Homeowners

If you are contemplating moving out and converting your home into rental property in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area, you will want to check with your local city or municipality to see if you need to get a license and if you need to apply to convert your home for that use.  Some cities will charge a “conversion fee” to change the use of your property to a rental.